No Show Policy – 24 hours required to cancel or re-schedule appointments
- Forgetting an appointment or not providing adequate notice means another patient misses an opportunity to get in for treatment.
When you book an appointment our staff does the following in advance for your arrival
- Reserves a specific room for your visit.
- Allocates an appropriate period of time required for you.
- Prepares and sets up specialized equipment, supplies, instrumentation and/or documentation and paperwork which may be needed for the appointment.
When you miss an appointment or provide short notice cancellation here is what happens:
- The room reserved for your visit goes unused.
- Your practitioner misses an opportunity to help another
- Your practitioner also ends up waiting for you. Their time and preparation made in anticipation for your visit is a wasted
For these reasons we are reinforcing our office policy:
- 24 hours notice for cancellations or re-scheduling.
- Missed appointments will be billed
- Clearing of fees owing must be done by the patient before they can be seen by any physician at our office.
- If you have a special circumstance regarding a missed appointment, you may discuss this with the Manager. The staff are not authorized to make any decisions regarding office
- Strollers are not permitted in our office. You must leave your stroller outside of the clinic or in your car. Car seats are allowed into our office. We do offer locks which you can lock your strollers out front of our office.
- Appointments with your family doctor can be booked in person or via email using our book an appointment link.
- Same day appointments with our walk in clinic are done on a first come first serve basis and patients must register in person.
- Same day reservations are accepted and can be made via our website. These reservations are not doctor specific and can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- Visit times are allocated according to reason for visit so please let the receptionist know the reason you are wishing to see a doctor. If you are requesting a complete physical or pap smear, please ensure the receptionist is aware of this as these services require a longer a booking period.
- If you can not make your appointment, you must change or cancel it 24hours in advance, otherwise no show fees will be applied.
- All patients are expected to return for follow up on all test results with the ordering physician.
- We do not give out test results over the phone, nor inform you if test results have arrived at the clinic. Please find out before leaving the clinic how long it will take for the results to come in.
- If a referral to a specialist is being made for you by our office, either our office or the specialist office will contact you with an appointment time. All referrals are made within 72 hours of your visit to our clinic, however due to wait lists at the specialist office, you may not be contacted right away. We will make every attempt to let you know prior to leaving the clinic how long the wait list is for the referring specialist.
- In general, MSP does not pay for forms to be completed. Therefore, it is the patient’s responsibility to pay in advance for any form that needs to be filled out by the doctor. Please inform the receptionist of any forms needing to be filled out prior to seeing the doctor.
Behaviour in the Office
- Our front staff are trained to help patients and we make every effort to make your visit pleasant and comfortable. We are completely supportive of our staff and neither the doctor nor management will tolerate any rude or aggressive behaviour.
- If you have any problems associated with your visit, please contact our managers in writing.
Termination of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- In order to provide the best possible health care for the patient, a satisfactory doctor-patient relationship needs to occur. If for any reason, this relationship becomes compromised it may be terminated. If this occurs, we will provide emergency medical care only for one month, or when the patient finds a new family doctor, whichever comes first.
- Please ensure that your file is kept up to date with a current phone number, cell phone number, address, and emergency contact information. Please inform the receptionist of any changes to your personal information upon arrival at the clinic.